Monday, May 16, 2011

Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart

Here is the recipe for today Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart
 003
 
Rustic Autumn Fruit Tart
Today we have to make a crust.  This is a crust that has butter and cream cheese mixed into the flour.  Maybe for some of you this will be new but it’s not to hard just mix it in like you normally would then form it into a disc and place in in the refrigerator like so
001
While that’s in the refrigerator you can cut up and peel your apples and pears.  Then add your orange juice.
 007
Then mix together your spices and cornstarch. 
008 009
Add spices to your apples and give it a mix.012013 
When I was done with these steps I took my disc out of the refrigerator it was nice and cold because I used already cold butter and cream cheese when I made it, it really didn’t need anymore time in the fridge. So I just used a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper *HINT* (I wanted to roll my dough out on the paper so I sprayed a little bit of cooking spray on my cookie sheet before I put the paper down it makes the paper stay in place very nicely as you roll.)  Roll out disc to desired size.  You’ll probably need a little flour I just dusted my rolling pin it worked our great. 
014 015
Place the fruit in the middle and fold up the edges.  Bake at 375 for about 30 min.
016 017
After it comes out of the oven you brush it with apricot jam AND ENJOY!
 
002 003

Variations -

When you are done mixing all the fruit in the orange juice and spices and then putting the fruit filling in the crust there is a lot of juice let over.  So I was thinking that if you didn’t have apricot jam on hand you could just thicken the leftover liquid by heating it up in a sauce pan and then drizzle that over the top. 

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! This looks sooo yummy.. You had me at fruit tart.. love them! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party...
    So jealous that you have a red mixer.. mine is a horrid blue that doesn't match the kitchen but was a really good deal when my hubby and I first got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I am your firs follower! Yay! Can't wait to see what other yumminess you share!

    ReplyDelete