Monday, May 23, 2011

Mile-High Peanut Butter-Brownie Pie

 

 Mile-High Peanut Butter-Brownie Pie 

recipe curtsey of allrecipes & Pillsbury

043

Mile-High Peanut Butter Brownie Pie

First you’ll need to make a crust.

  009 012

After your crust is ready you make the brownie mix according to the package directions then you add some peanut butter chips to the brownies.

 005 006

007

Once it’s nicely mix you add it to your unbaked pie shell.  I have to admit when I was doing this I kept thinking is a pie crust REALLY necessary?  Then you bake it for about 40 min.

 008 009

You cover up the crust after about 20 min of baking with one of these things.

 010

Once it’s done in the oven you have to let it cool for about 20 minutes on the counter and then about an hour in the refrigerator.

 033

After it’s cooled you mix up the topping.  You add peanut butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar to your mixing bowl and mix until smooth. 

 034

Gently fold in an 8 oz. container of cool whip.

035

Spread all of that on top of the brownie pie and top it with mini chocolate chips and chopped nuts. 

  037

 

YUM!

7 comments:

  1. Um, DROOL!?!?! My preggo belly wants one of these for lunch! Great job :)

    Emily
    Deviantly Domesticated
    http://stephaniehillberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Is there a crust recipe you like to use? I make the most awful crusts and would love some help!!
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fabulous! My kids are going to beg me to make this when I show it to them!!! Thanks for linking up to Mangia Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one dessert that is calling my name. I love chocolate and I love peanut butter. This is a fabulous combination.

    Would you like to link this Bake with Bizzy? It would be a great addition.

    http://bizzybakesb.blogspot.com/2011/05/bake-with-bizzy.html

    Thanks for linking this to My Meatless Mondays. I found your blog, thanks to that linky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. You can't go wrong with brownies and peanut butter chips. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love brownies and I love pies ... combining the two makes so much sense ... i cant wait to try this out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.My.Goodness. I love chocolate and pb together and this looks divine!!

    ReplyDelete